[LAD] [Release] Autotalent LV2 Port

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Sun May 30 20:26:26 UTC 2010

On 05/30/2010 08:45 PM, Niels Mayer wrote:
> On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Jeremy <jeremybubs at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Do not rename the autotalent.ttl to plugin.tll unless you reflect this
>> change in manifest.ttl.
>
> After correcting the naming in manifest.ttl, and placing the plugin
> directory as /usr/lib64/lv2/autotalent.lv2/
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 26622 2010-05-30 11:14 autotalent_lv2.so*
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root   306 2010-05-30 12:19 manifest.ttl
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 12803 2010-05-30 11:04 plugin.ttl
>
> I am now able to load this plugin into Qtractor (as a midi input or
> output plugin) and see the LV2 control panel with many sliders and
> controls. It even activates successfully. Attempting to use it as an
> audio plugin, either for input or output, causes qtractor to crash.
>
> I guess that's a good first step, and verifies what Rui just posted
> :-) I guess this means the right way to use this is a via a plugin
> host, and then hook that up via jack or alsa??

correct. that's the way it goes, asfaqg (as far as qtractor goes:)

> Rui -- any chance qtractor's "use cases" can be expanded to fit this
> scenario (which seems pretty common).
> What about the scenario of a plugin that provides audio in --> MIDI
> notes (midi pitchtracker, which is part of what's provided in
> autotalent). Is there a way of separately using it  for audio->MIDI
> input?

besides the crash issue, which should not happen in any circumstance,
life's cruel however, there's no plan going on in that direction.

things can change though, but i will let Paul (i mean ardour3) take the
head on this one ;)

> Thanks for all the help, hints, cool software!

cheers
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org