[LAD] [Release] Autotalent LV2 Port

Jeremy jeremybubs at gmail.com
Mon May 31 01:28:37 UTC 2010

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 4:25 PM, Jeremy <jeremybubs at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 4:26 PM, Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc at rncbc.org> wrote:

>> > After correcting the naming in manifest.ttl, and placing the plugin
>> > directory as /usr/lib64/lv2/autotalent.lv2/
>> > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 26622 2010-05-30 11:14 autotalent_lv2.so*
>> > -rw-r--r-- 1 root root   306 2010-05-30 12:19 manifest.ttl
>> > -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 12803 2010-05-30 11:04 plugin.ttl
>> >
>> > I am now able to load this plugin into Qtractor (as a midi input or
>> > output plugin) and see the LV2 control panel with many sliders and
>> > controls. It even activates successfully. Attempting to use it as an
>> > audio plugin, either for input or output, causes qtractor to crash.
>> >
>> > I guess that's a good first step, and verifies what Rui just posted
>> > :-) I guess this means the right way to use this is a via a plugin
>> > host, and then hook that up via jack or alsa??
>> >

>> correct. that's the way it goes, asfaqg (as far as qtractor goes:)
>>

>> > Rui -- any chance qtractor's "use cases" can be expanded to fit this
>> > scenario (which seems pretty common).
>> > What about the scenario of a plugin that provides audio in --> MIDI
>> > notes (midi pitchtracker, which is part of what's provided in
>> > autotalent). Is there a way of separately using it  for audio->MIDI
>> > input?
>> >

>> besides the crash issue, which should not happen in any circumstance,
>> life's cruel however, there's no plan going on in that direction.
>>
>> things can change though, but i will let Paul (i mean ardour3) take the
>> head on this one ;)
>>

>> > Thanks for all the help, hints, cool software!
>> >

>> cheers
>> --
>> rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
>> rncbc at rncbc.org
>>

> I wouldn't rule out my plugin crashing, so I'd first check that first.
>
> By the way, I just added and tested some new pitch detection code, which
> uses the MPM algorithm (as used in Tartini)  I've released it as version
> 1.5.
>
> Of course, that isn't very useful if you can't even get it running.  I
> would suggest running lv2_jack_host and connecting it though jack to
> Qtractor or whatever.

Another update, version 1.6.  This time the LFO has been dutifully copied
over (the actual implementation is slightly different for quantized LFO, so
it will rest longer on notes before and after a jump in the scale, but it
shouldn't be too noticeable.  If you'd like it the other way, I could always
implement it.)

Once I finish implementing pitch smoothing, I will move on to the next big
feature:  voice duplication, to allow harmonizing, etc, and polyphonic midi
playback.

Jeremy