[LAD] PCM Troubleshooting Questions

Jens M Andreasen jens.andreasen at comhem.se
Thu Nov 4 05:01:47 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-11-03 at 14:28 -0700, Rory Filer wrote:

> The closest I can describe it is it is like listening to a radio
> through a really
> cheap pair of speakers which are underpowered for the amp driving them.
> But there is also a lot of static sound accompanying the voice which seems
> to be coming in clusters. The voices are recognizable ...

"We got signal?" :)

What I would do at this point, is to generate a 1000 Hz tone with only a
single bit set, shift the bit through the 32 possible positions in the
interleaved stream and note where it shows up in the wrong channel
and/or shows an unexpected dynamic jump.

Do you have a way to rule out that it isn't the FM transmitter/receiver
that is misbehaving?

--
jedes mal wenn du eine quintparallele verwendest
tötet bach ein kätzchen.

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43RdmmNaGfQ