[LAD] Musescore "music trainer"?

Camilo Polymeris cpolymeris at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 20:55:40 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 5:40 PM, Dominique Michel
<dominique.michel at vtxnet.ch> wrote:
> Le Wed, 10 Nov 2010 13:36:21 -0300,
> Camilo Polymeris <cpolymeris at gmail.com> a écrit :
>

>> > maybe http://pianobooster.sourceforge.net/ is what you want ?
>> >

>> Very interesting. Will try it as soon as possible. Piano/MIDI only
>> input, right? But maybe support for other instruments and pitch
>> detection can be added.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Camilo
>
> For me, a stand alone pitch detection application would be better :
>
> audio in -> pitch detect -> midi out
>
> You plug the instrument into the audio in, connect the midi out to any midi in
> in qjackctl, and it is just to play some melody.
>
> Ciao,
> Dominique

There is aubionotes (http://aubio.org/aubionotes.html), which claims
to do exactly what you want. Don't know how well, though. I am trying
to connect it to PianoBooster, to see if that could be a solution.
WaoN could also be an option, I'll try that next.
Eventually, I'd like an integrated app.

Greetings,
Camilo