[LAD] What do you do for a living?

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Fri Nov 12 00:36:51 UTC 2010

On 11/11/2010 05:58 PM, Camilo Polymeris wrote:
>> I understand that a lot of you develop for free software and are passionate
>> at what you do.  But how do you pay the bills?  What do you do for a living?
>>  Are you a student?  Do you do software development just as a hobby, or do
>> you want to make a living doing this kind of work?
>
> I see most of you are in IT, I would have thought there were more
> amateur programmers and some pro musicians, too.

i'm a 35-year-old freelance sound engineer trying to keep a balance
between well-paid jobs (which are often quite dull) and interesting
projects (which are usually under-paid).

my definition of success is "not having to take on really shitty
projects" - which means i've had a successful year so far. still a long
way to go before i buy my porsche, though :)

best,

jörn