[LAD] [LAA] [ANN] gjacktransport 0.5.0

Niels Mayer nielsmayer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 18:03:34 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 9:50 AM, Robin Gareus <robin at gareus.org> wrote:
> http://gjacktransport.sourceforge.net/ is a tool that provides graphical
> control over JACK-transport [1].

IAt some point, either from installing version 0.4 or 0.5, whenever I
browsed a directory out of the web browser, such as the "show in
folder" option for downloaded files, gjacktransport would get invoked
instead.

I finally figured out what happened. Somehow, the following setting
got "installed" along with gjacktransport:
KDE's System Settings -> File Manager -> gjacktransport

Whereas it should have been set to "dolphin" .

Investigating further, I noticed that gjacktransport got added as a
viewer for file type "inode/directory" which seems to be a bug. I'm
not sure why adding it as a MIME type would also select it as the
default directory viewer in KDE, but that's what I've been seeing. But
perhaps my system has been cobbled on too much as it is a hybrid of
KDE and Gnome.

In either case, I finally figured out the issue, and fixed it for
myself. Just thought I'd share in case others had the same problem,
and hopefully, if this is a bug in gjacktransport, that'll get fixed
as well.

Thanks,
Niels
http://nielsmayer.com