[LAD] current drobilla.net svn [was Native LV2 port of mdaEPiano VSTi]

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Tue Nov 16 20:13:05 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 13:11 +0200, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> On 10/19/2010 11:20 AM, Matt Henley wrote:
> >
> > I have found the best way to build ingen is to grab the entire svn tree
> > ( instructions at http://drobilla.net/blog/software/ingen/ )and do a top
> > level make and make install.   Installing the programs piecemeal seemed
> > to cause problems.

I am working on this no longer being the case (recently I started using
an external repository for the build stuff (autowaf) to avoid having
symlinks to parent directories).

The new LV2 build stuff still probably won't work except from top level,
though.  I willl solve this soon.  On that note, dev and/or user
feedback on the recently proposed scheme for LV2 extension includes
would be useful (see LV2 dev mailing list: http://lists.lv2plug.in/)

> that would be ./waf configure && ./waf && sudo ./waf install
>
> btw, i've just tried to build the entire tree yesterday (on a freshly
> installed oS 11.3), and the top-level build process would barf with
> python errors (module RDF not found, module "configure" not found).

You probably need to nuke the lv2 subdirectory and re-checkout.
Unfortunatley, svn can't deal with changing a subdirectory to an
external :/

See http://drobilla.net/blog/2010/10/19/svn-changes/ (LAD related posts
to my blog are posted on planet LAD http://planet.linuxaudio.org/, if
you do the RSS thing, subscribing to this is a good idea...)

> as this is a new system, i'm not sure if i've botched my python install,
> so i haven't filed a ticket with drobilla yet. can anyone confirm it
> doesn't build from top-level (or that it does)?

With a fresh checkout, it should.  For python you need /either/ rdflib
(pure python) or the librdf redland bindings.  It should fail gracefully
now in any case.

Peace,

-dr