[LAD] What do you do for a living?

audio lists audio-lists at forwind.net
Thu Nov 18 17:27:07 UTC 2010

Hi Kris,

My day (and sometimes night) job is a software developer audio related
position for Canonical (Ubuntu) on the desktop experience team.

And most nights and w/ends I play with various improv musicians around
London. We (Sonnamble) just released an album at the start of this year. All
recorded with open source software ( puredata (with some hand-baked
externals), custom controller apps,  Ardour, Jamin )

review of the album:
http://www.themilkfactory.co.uk/st/2010/06/sonnamble-seven-months-in-e-minor-forwind/

Alas if I had more time/money I would give more to the open source audio
world.  Definitely up for the LAC this year in Ireland though.

All the best,
Conor