[LAD] Is there a Linux Software Mixer?

Rory Filer rflyer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 06:37:59 UTC 2010

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 4:42 PM, Julien Claassen <julien at c-lab.de> wrote:

>  Of course you should be able to do that in software.

<Snip>

Hi Julien,

My hardware is barebones - no graphical interface, but a console with a command
line interface. I am also limited in the amount of Flash and RAM space
available so
I'll be picking the most lightweight option I can find.

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-11-29 at 01:42 +0100, Julien Claassen wrote:
>> [snip] There are other

Hallo Ralf

Between your, Julien's and Fons' replies I should be able to figure
out a possible
approach given the limitations of my system. All three of you have
offered suggestions
for how to do audio mixing in software and that's some good news I
wasn't expecting:

dmix plugin,
Nama overtop of Ecasound
jackeq

Now it's a question of sorting through these and seeing which one(s)
will work on my
platform. I'll also need to figure out how separate applications can
open the same
audio device - but that might become clear when I understand how these
mixers fit
into the system.

Many thanks to you all for helping me out!

Best Regards,

Rory