[LAD] on the soft synth midi jitters ...

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Oct 9 06:13:07 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-07 at 12:37 +0200, Jens M Andreasen wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-10-07 at 10:12 +1300, Jeff McClintock wrote:
>
> > Cubase is particularly bad when playing a soft-synth live, esp with larger
> > audio buffer sizes, because ...
>
> It could be useful to have some anecdotal evidence to quantify measures
> of jitter like "annoying" and "drunk", so:
>
> What is your buffer-size?

Oops, I need to read the latest received mails ASAP.

Hm? Audible jitter for soft synth on any OS are very, very uncommon AND
I'm really, really, annoying to Linux mailing lists regarding to MIDI
jitter for external MIDI equipment.

I don't have got a Microsoft OS installed on my machine anymore, but I
never had any serious issue for any OS, regarding to soft synth.

1. Everybody should use Linux only, regarding to ethical reasons.
2. I prefer Linux, I've got issues using Linux, I don't like Windows,
BUT never ever a licenced Windows + a bought Cubase will cause such an
issue, assumed you didn't install a cracked Windows Office too.

Pfff, is this a thread about cracked software for Microsoft computers on
a Linux mailing list?

*?*
Ralf