[LAD] Some new things to play with

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Sun Oct 10 23:13:25 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 02:33:31AM +0400, alex stone wrote:

> Fons, the rev1 is terrific, and very clean.

I'm happy to hear you like it !

> Any plans to provide some sort of saved or cli loaded settings control
> for each instance?

Not for the Jack apps. Rev1 and At1 are two of a collection
of processors that will eventually be released as plugins in
a 'rack' type of host. The GUIs and some of the internals are
already designed to fit into that format. When that happens,
the rack will have 'total recall' (session and snapshots),
and each plugin type will have presets (per user).

What I could do in the meantime is to provide them as Python
classes (still with the GUI), which would allow them to be
scripted easily.

> Use case:
>
> If i use 8 instances of the verb for different orchestral
> instruments/sections, it would be useful to open each instance (ala
> bash script) and have previous settings honoured.

Mmm. Using 8 reverbs for a single orchestral mix doesn't make
any sense - unless you are doing something psychedelic (*) they
all play in the same space. It's easy to share a reverb for any
number of channels even if the dry/wet ratio is different for
each.

(*) Like some opera CDs from DG wich have completely different
reverbs for the orchestra and the singers - makes me seasick :-)

Ciao,

--
FA

There are three of them, and Alleline.