[LAD] SMC 2011 - Call for papers

Niels Mayer nielsmayer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 16:13:44 UTC 2010

There was like,  this dude, Galilleo, he hung out in Padova and got
his fingers cut off by the vatican for looking through a telescope.
Something about a scientific revolution, or is that the brand of hair
spray they use for the perfect coif on Jersey Shore. I can't remember.
Before galileo, the weather was really screwy -- they called it the
dark ages -- because the sun circled around the earth. Now we have
global warming and an ozone hole. It's all gallileo's fault. Nothing
to do with the hair spray, really!

Of course, you could just have the conference in Las Vegas, where
they've built a mini-Padua, mini-Vatican, and have daily reenactments
of Gallileo's capitulation to the vatican, fake blood, show girls, and
Ziegfried&Roy as pope/lion tamer. Topped off by an auto-da-fe. Fun for
the whole family! Europe is so 1.0... i mean really!

Niels
http://nielsmayer.com