[LAD] current drobilla.net svn [was Native LV2 port of mdaEPiano VSTi]

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 15:17:08 UTC 2010

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:

> On 10/19/2010 11:20 AM, Matt Henley wrote:
>>
>> I have found the best way to build ingen is to grab the entire svn tree
>> ( instructions at http://drobilla.net/blog/software/ingen/ )and do a top
>> level make and make install.   Installing the programs piecemeal seemed
>> to cause problems.
>

> that would be ./waf configure && ./waf && sudo ./waf install
>
> btw, i've just tried to build the entire tree yesterday (on a freshly
> installed oS 11.3), and the top-level build process would barf with python
> errors (module RDF not found, module "configure" not found).
>
> as this is a new system, i'm not sure if i've botched my python install, so i
> haven't filed a ticket with drobilla yet. can anyone confirm it doesn't build
> from top-level (or that it does)?

Same here.

I would file a ticket.  waf shouldn't crash because of a
missing python module.

On Debian/Lenny I did the following to get it to build:

   * Install python-librdf

   * Patched lv2/lv2include/lv2include.py for my older
     python 2.5 exception syntax

   * Patched redlandmm/wscript to accept my older
     version of redland libs.

-gabriel