[LAD] Not Sure How to Proceed

Rory Filer rflyer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 21:54:10 UTC 2010

wrote:

> > did you write an ALSA driver or an OSS driver?

I took an existing ALSA driver and modified it for my devkit.

In the meantime, I've figured out my mistake. I took away too much from the
DAC driver to create my dummy DAC and threw away the logic for registering
the card via "snd_soc_register_card()". Once I put that right the /dev/audio
device appeared straightaway after booting. Still no audio, but that's
another
problem.

Thanks for lending an ear - it helped a lot.

Cheers,

Rory