[LAD] Mouse/knob interaction

Olivier Guilyardi list at samalyse.com
Tue Sep 7 20:15:42 UTC 2010

On 09/07/2010 09:58 PM, Gordon JC Pearce wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-09-07 at 21:44 +0200, Olivier Guilyardi wrote:
>
>> I have been working on an experimental slider in Jackbeat. When untouched it is
>> very small, but big enough to see what the level is. When you click and hold on
>> it, it unfolds (becomes much bigger), and the mouse changes the level with
>> increased precision.
>
> That sounds a bit like the the fansliders in phat...

Actually, I used the fansliders before, in the very same place :) But there were
two things that I didn't like:
- the way they look, especially when unfolded, those ugly/huge shapes around
- the fact that unwanted changes happen when you go away to gain precision

That's why I made those sliders IIRC. You have increased precision right after
clicking, you don't need to move away for that. Plus, with the way they are
integrated and some mouse magic, it doesn't matter if the window is closed to a
screen border or not. And I think they look neat ;)

That said, the increased precision is fixed. You can't go into the pico dB.. But
it works for me.

--
  Olivier