[LAD] Mouse/knob interaction

Olivier Guilyardi list at samalyse.com
Sun Sep 12 10:39:05 UTC 2010

On 09/11/2010 10:45 PM, Gordon JC Pearce wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-09-11 at 19:36 +0200, Olivier Guilyardi wrote:
>
>> Also, the phat knob, with its large orange/blue border provides better
>> visualization IMO. I am however quite sad that in both cases, phat and libgxw,
>> no SVG source is provided.
>>

> That's the knob animation I use in nekobee.  I was going to try to
> recreate it in pure cairo - at the moment the "new" cairo knobs just use
> cairo surfaces to blit the appropriate frame of animation.

In my experience it's hard to write code that draws something as cute and smooth
as the phat knob. Ah, actually, I think that JUCE has that.. Needs checking.

In regard to phat, if only the SVG, or XCF, or whatever sources were on svn,
that would allow to tune the colors, the size, etc... Maybe that the solution is
to redraw it in Inkscape.

--
  Olivier