[LAD] Mouse/knob interaction

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Sep 16 15:01:26 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 4:52 AM, Olivier Guilyardi <list at samalyse.com> wrote:

> I quite like it when it's minimal, not too realistic. It reminds be a bit of the
> memory/swap meters in the Gnome System Monitor:
> http://testing.samalyse.com/lad/widgets/system_monitor.png

the one issue i have with that style is pretty stupid really: it
always takes me a 2nd thought to decide whether they indicate "the
glass is 1/3rd empty" or "the glass is 1/3rd full". With color like
that, its not so hard, but i have a camera that uses that kind of
display to show memory-fullness, and its stuck with a black/white
approach that makes it quite hard to decide what its showing you.