[LAD] [ann] CAPS 0.4.5

Tim Goetze tim at quitte.de
Sun Apr 10 18:15:37 UTC 2011

[Robin Gareus]
>On Apr 10, 2011, at 3:52 PM, Tim Goetze wrote:
>>
>> Surely you will understand that I'm not inclined to maintain two
>> versions of a plugin whose code differs in only one line.
>>

>That sounds like a good case of an #ifdef, no? Just generate two
>plugins from the same code: old one: unchanged; updated version: new
>UniqueID.

Thanks Robin, while this is of course entirely viable and not
unreasonable, unfortunately I see two problems: besides the code,
there are also differences in the data describing the plugin that
would need to be put inside conditionals, and that is not as handily
concentrated into one line as is the case with the code.

And to be quite honest, smart adhoc solutions like these create
exactly the kind of source code that I don't want to have to maintain.
:D

Cheers, Tim