[LAD] [LAU] FW: Frequency Space Editors in Linux

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Tue Apr 12 08:19:09 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 12 April 2011 09:16:36 Philipp Überbacher wrote:
> Excerpts from Gordon JC Pearce's message of 2011-04-12 09:04:46 +0200:
> > On Mon, 2011-04-11 at 19:09 -0400, Thomas Vecchione wrote:
> > > On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 5:39 PM, Fons Adriaensen <fons at linuxaudio.org>
> > >
> > > wrote:
> > >         It would help to know the origin of the the 'noise' or to have
> > >         sample of it.
> > >
> > > Agreed in as far as helping to address it, however it still leaves the
> > > fact that there just aren't many, if any, good restoration solutions
> > > on Linux so even so there is only so much I can suggest, unless you
> > > know of some solutions I don't?
> > >
> > >       Seablade
> > >
> > > Who honestly would like some good restoration solutions on Linux.
> >
> > If your bike has a flat tyre, there's a good chance it'll stay flat
> > until you fix it.
> >
> > You either need to break out some code, or some cash.
> >
> > Gordon MM0YEQ
>
> Does someone have some code to fix bikes? The symptoms are flat tires,
> shifty gears and funky noises.

I don't have code to fix tires. But some years ago I decided that its cheaper
(and better for my health) to pay a bike-shop 10€ to fix the flat tire instead
of me spending an afternoon, getting my hands dirty, my mind angry and my bike
broken...

Why not improve gwc? Last I looked, the code was open source. So even if the
original author has no further interest in updating, "fixing" and improving it,
that doesn't keep you from doing exactly that. Or from you setting some bounty
for someone else to do the coding job.
Or you can just wait, lament on the state of noise-removal tools on linux and
keep on paying win-developers to do this...

Have fun,

Arnold