[LAD] Max V. Mathews (1926-2011)

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Apr 22 18:22:31 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 9:18 AM, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 11:31 PM, Geoff Beasley
> <geoff at laughingboyrecords.com> wrote:
>> On 04/22/2011 01:28 PM, gene heskett wrote:
>>>
>>> We all should all hold a moment of respectful silence, both
>>> for the man, and the legacy of his work.
>
> and to add to some sense of his legacy:

on re-reading this i want to stress that it was absolutely not my
intention to somehow try to tangle up ardour in mathew's legacy, or
enjoy the side-effects of his well deserved fame. i just wanted to
point out that without the groundbreak work that mathew's did, i would
never have ended up doing what i do now. i owe him that, at the very
least.