[LAD] LAD] RT-Safe UI/Engine Decoupling using Functional

Jeff McClintock jef at synthedit.com
Sat Aug 6 20:55:47 UTC 2011

I'm just in the process of porting my plugin to a platform where the GUI
runs on Windows, but the Audio processing runs on an real-time optimized
Linux box.
 With the proliferation of iPads etc, I see this approach of mixing a cool
portable GUI with a Linux 'powerhouse' audio processor become more common in
studios.
 Surly passing functors (which are pointers?) to audio code running in a
separate address space can not work?

Jeff McClintock