[LAD] BOSS BR-80 USB Audio

Kazutomo Yoshii kazutomo.yoshii at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 08:53:44 UTC 2011

Hi Clemens,

You are right! Thanks!

Both the recording device and MIDI are working now.

$ arecord -f S32_LE -r 44100 -D hw:1,0 -c 2 a.wav

I got only S32_LE although AD or DA conversion is 24-bit.
Probably this is ok.

$ aplaymidi  -l
  Port    Client name                      Port name
  14:0    Midi Through                     Midi Through Port-0
  20:0    BR-80(AUDIO)                     BR-80(AUDIO) MIDI 1
$ aplaymidi -p 20:0  test.midi

I can use BR-80 as an external drum machine as well!

I just posted the patch to the ALSA ML.

Thanks,
Kaz