[LAD] Replaygain for video?

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sun Dec 11 12:19:34 UTC 2011

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 12:49:10PM +0100, Robin Gareus wrote:

> For comparison, ebur128 reported:
>   Loundness-range 19.1 LU; Peak 6.7 LU for the Chaplin movie.
> and
>   Loundness-range 11.3 LU; Peak 15.3 LU for the youtube video,

?? ebur128 does not report anything called 'Peak' in LU.

The relevant values are the first two: 'Integrated loudness'
and 'Loudness range'. The first should determine any gain
correction, the second can be used to decide if some com-
pression would help.

The last two, 'Momentary max' and 'Short term max' (I guess
one of these is what you call 'Peak') are for information
only and should not be used for the purpose discussed in
this thread.

Updates of ebur128 will show only the first two, unless
you explicitly ask for the others as well.

Ciao,

--
FA

Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal, die Sonne scheint - ein Glitzerstrahl.