[LAD] Question re midi

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Dec 13 04:53:35 UTC 2011

Does anyone have, in their old yellowed dead tree archives, a list of
instrument numbers vs instrument that would allow one to setup a
translation table to massage some very old midi files into General Midi
instrument numbers?  I need a list of number vs instrument for the truly
elderly Casio CZ-101 and for the Casio MT-240.

Google doesn't seem to be a lot of help and the original users manual for
the MT-240 very carefully skips that.

Some music I moused in 20 years ago sounds terrible when played through a
modern GM player.  Something has turned into a screaming Picolo and is
threatening to burn out my tweeters.

Any help will be very muchly appreciated.

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
BE ALERT!!!! (The world needs more lerts...)