[LAD] snd-usb-audio dying on jackd xruns

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Wed Feb 2 19:00:18 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 02 February 2011 19:00:38 Rods Bobavich wrote:
> Tried all the different ports I could. Seems I can't get it on the EHCI
> buses no matter which ports I use. Even replugged the front USB cable to
> the other ports but it always comes back on the two OHCI busses. Am
> thinking of buying a separate PCIE USB card as a temporary work around...
> I've had to cancel my studio sessions for the week on account of the
> systems being down. ARG!

ehci is usb2, ohci is usb1. if the device is usb1 (and there are only _very_
few working usb2 soundcards on linux), it will always show up on a ohci-bus.

If it worked in this combination before, some update ruined it. If it never
worked before on this machine, it might be because some usb-devices share the
bus. Or because the usb-controllers share the interrupt with something else.

Have fun,

Arnold