[LAD] confusion over specimen svn and specimen in AUR

James Morris jwm.art.net at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 18:54:46 UTC 2011

I forked Specimen into Petri-Foo. Trouble is, I don't recall which version!

I have a Specimen SVN from the Arch User Repository (AUR)
Specimen SVN from zhevny.com

And of course, Petri-Foo which doesn't seem to bear exactness to
either of these (that is the parts of Petri-Foo which I haven't yet
altered).

This makes giving patches back kinda difficult.

The version of Specimen I have installed system wide (who knows where
it is from?) has spin buttons in the sample-editor for editing the
sample play/loop positions explicitly.

The version of Specimen that I forked Petri-Foo from did not (have the
spin buttons) so I copied them from (??? the specimen-build sub-dir
obtained via the AUR ??? ru sure?? ??).

The version of Specimen - r89 - from zhevny.com doesn't have the spin
buttons - unless it's in a "secret" branch which isn't default (i
don't have a clue how to 'browse' these things).

Consequently I have various diffs which maybe you can make sense of.

By some magic manipulation, you'll find either a) a new feature
providing explicit sample play/loop position editing via spin buttons
- or - b) a fix for the existing explicit sample play/loop position
editing via spin buttons which prevents the loop start/stop positions
from being incremented/decremented past the play start/stop positions.

Hope it helps someone.

If anyone can shed any light on the confusion I'd be grateful, thanks.

James.

--
_
: http://jwm-art.net/