[LAD] Advice sought on project hosting and version control

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 14:19:37 UTC 2011

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011, drew Roberts wrote:

> Anyone using git and Gitorious for this? (I have no experience with
> git really but would be willing to learn it for the purposes of this
> project if it makes sense.)

Git totally rocks.  Just do it.

Gitorious is very good.  It's simple, so all you get is code
hosting.  I wish it had some manner of bug tracker
integration.

repo.or.cz is good.  It's also just git.

Github is a more full-featured option.

I wouldn't reccomend assembla.

The guys at Mixxx use bzr on launchpad.  Launchpad has
really goot code-to-bug-tracker integration, and that's why
they chose (and stick with) it.  However, bzr is a dog.

-gabriel