[LAD] [ANN] IR: LV2 Convolution Reverb

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Tue Feb 22 09:43:57 UTC 2011

 On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 21:55:04 -0500, David Robillard <d at drobilla.net>
 wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-02-21 at 23:18 +0000, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>
> [Snip a bunch of irrelevant hand-wavey noise about the past that
> completely ignores all discussion about the solution]

> I have described the various cons in detail. This entire discussion
> itself is evidence that there is a problem.
>
> You are essentially arguing (in this latest reply) that all this
> bridging stuff should be copy-paste duplicated in every UI instead of
> every host (i.e. not considering the UI author's perspective).
> Globally,
> this is an even worse solution since there are far more plugins than
> UIs.
>
> I have described in detail a solution that makes the LV2 UI situation
> "de facto toolkit agnostic", which does not require modifying the UI
> extension. As far as I can tell, this is a pretty good solution, and
> the
> only one that doesn't have obvious problems. It meets the needs of
> everyone who has voiced them, including you. It solves the
> fragmentation/compatibility problems. Do you have any actual feedback
> on
> this? Particularly, any reasons I have missed why it is not a good
> solution? You seem to want to argue "against" me, but there's no
> mention
> of my proposed solution at all here... unless new information comes
> up,
> I'll take that as a sign that this is indeed the way to go, and get
> on
> with doing it.

 well, i never said your proposed solution isn't any good, did i?

 in fact, i apologise for the noise and wish to sincerely nod and
 commend it, by all means.

 please do not take my stance on defending the lv2_external_ui as a
 counter-argument to your proposal. quite the contrary ;)

 carry on

 cheers
--
 rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela