[LAD] do any of the jack client examples show playing a file from disk?

drew Roberts zotzbro at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 03:21:10 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 9:19 PM, Erik de Castro Lopo
<mle+la at mega-nerd.com> wrote:
> drew Roberts wrote:
>
>> do any of the jack client examples show playing a file from disk?
>> if so, which?
>> if not, any links to simple code that does this?
>> c++ or c?
>
> sndfile-jackplay:
>
>    http://www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/tools/#jackplay
>
> from the sndfile-tools package:
>
>    http://www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/files/sndfile-tools-1.03.tar.gz

I finally got it to compile and run. Cool. Then I chopped it up and
put bits and pieces here and there in my class and got it to play a
file then I clicked the button. The problem is that the loop blocks
(right?) and the gui is then unresponsive. I need it to be responsive
and to be able to play multiple files at once but clicking on each
files button in the grid.

Do you know of any simple to understand gui based jack file players?
qt4 preferred. Or can you give me a hint on how to structure things to
get what I want above.

For now, I have switched to playing through jack via a process that
uses mplayer. You can take a peek here to get a better idea of what I
am after if you like.

https://github.com/zotz/jSoundz

> Erik

all the best,