[LAD] libsuil

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Thu Feb 24 09:19:05 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-23 at 20:11 +0000, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
[snip]
> are you saying that this suil api will get it implicit and integrated
> into slv2? in a matter of days? i've looked into the "suil.h" and it
> makes perfect sense...

I've done this now[1]. The half-baked collection API in Suil as of my
last post was clumsy and out of place. I've removed all that, so Suil is
exclusively for instantiating (and possibly wrapping) plugin UIs
(deciding which UI to instantiate is the user's problem).

SLV2 now (optionally) depends on Suil. The API changes are minimal; host
authors just need to switch from the now-deprecated slv2_ui_instantiate
to its replacement, slv2_ui_instance_new. This new function takes the
same parameters plus an additional widget type parameter which specifies
the type of widget the host expects. Cross-toolkit embedding should then
magically work.

-dr

[1] http://dev.drobilla.net/changeset/3022