[LAD] [ANN] IR: LV2 Convolution Reverb

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sat Feb 26 15:40:57 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 12:39:04PM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:

> the position that i take with N-point editing is not that there is
> some other way to do "the following". There isn't. its that the way of
> approaching the task that leads to needing to do "the following" is
> rooted in an older way of thinking about the overall workflow.

Tell that to your customer when he (or she in this case) wants you
to replace part of an edited track with the same fragment from
another take.

A simple case:

<http://kokkinizita.linuxaudio.org/linuxaudio/downloads/d_amor_sull_ali_rosee2.mp3>

After this was edited (9 fragments from 4 takes), the singer wanted
to replace the part "del prigioniere misero conforta l'egra mente"
[2:03 to 2:27] by another take.

Now I could have told her that what she wanted was 'rooted in an
older way of thinking', or that she was stupid and should have had
that bright idea before we had done the five edits following this
fragment, but I didn't and actually performed the edit to her
satisfaction.

Now this was a simple demo with just the piano instead of a full
orchestra. The latter could easily be more than 20 tracks if the
recording is done live and no mics must be visible. And mixing it
before editing is usually *not* and option.

Quiz2: there are 10 edits in this recording, free beer at LAC2011
if you can find 5 of them.

Ciao,

--
FA