[LAD] Devs needed for opensource virtual analog softsynth idea

Sascha Schneider ungleichklang at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 13:35:52 UTC 2011

Hi folks,

inspired by a plan of a german onlinemag called amazona.de
I came up with the idea that a virtual analogue opensource softsynth
nativly running on Linux
would be really nice. (a nice filterbank too, but thats another thing)
Amazona planned a complete synth based on userpolls (only in german, sorry):
http://www.amazona.de/index.php?page=26&file=2&article_id=3191
which is now realized as vst: (only german, too)
http://www.amazona.de/index.php?page=26&file=2&article_id=3202

I know that Zynaddsubfx/yoshimi has a really strong soundengine and I
asked myself,
if it would be possible to take this engine or the DSSI-API and build
a polyphonic softsynth
with a nice UI like the new calf plugins or guitarix, a bit like the
loomer aspect, with some discoDSP,
a bit from the Tyrell or the Roland Gaia SH-01 with midilearn, ......

The problem I have are my programming skills, that are not good enough
to code this kind of software
by myself.

Are there some LAD's willing to join/take/realise this idea??
If there is interest I could translate the ideas of amazona.de and we
all could share our visions for a
new kind of controllable virtual analogue softsynth.

kind regards, saschas