[LAD] Fwd: Devs needed for opensource virtual analog softsynth idea

Malte Steiner steiner at block4.com
Mon Jan 3 15:12:46 UTC 2011

Hi,
>> Alsa Modular,
>> is this one still under development??

Yes, its still maintained, changes are more evolutionary rather then
revolutionary.

Have you checked out Minicomputer?
http://minicomputer.sourceforge.net/

although its still not polyphon and no midi learning. I would love to
develope a plugin version of it but I am not sure about which format to
go. LV2 seems the right one but its convoluted and I am uncertain about
support in hosts at this point of time.

Problem is always to find time to develop something, its not that
developers are hanging around without ideas. Like everybody else I have
to pay my bills and apart from it in my case I am also artist. Everybody
has ideas whats missing under Linux and I have a very clear picture what
is necessary to do and what I am missing from other platforms.

Devs are needed indeed.

Cheers,

Malte

--
----
media art + development

new on iTunes: Notstandskomitee Automatenmusik
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/automatenmusik/id383400418