[LAD] Devs needed for opensource virtual analog softsynth idea

Jeremy jeremybubs at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 09:32:27 UTC 2011

Okay, I think I am having a little difficulty understanding what's going on
here.  At first I was under the impression that you were looking to port a
VST plugin developed by this German magazine to a linux plugin format.
 After reading your email, I think you're looking to develop a plugin port
of minicomputer, whose features and UI will *parallel* those of another
synth which is being developed by the magazine.  It seems that the VST
plugin which I found (using a machine translation of the website) was *not*
synonymous with the synth designs that you were pointing to.  So basically,
if I am correct (and correct me if I'm wrong), the magazine posted design
information about a synth, (but not anything else), and some unrelated
programmer posted modifications of synths he previously wrote, which he made
to fit the designs outlined in the magazine.  And you are hoping to *also*
create a synth which fits these design goals, although you want to make it
an open source linux synth plugin, rather than a closed source windows synth
plugin.  Please let me know what of the above was incorrect.

So, for a starting point, I've imported the minicomputer sources into a git
repository:https://github.com/jeremysalwen/Minicomputer-LV2

Jeremy