[LAD] jack_snapshot http://tapas.affenbande.org/

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Jan 9 21:28:02 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-01-09 at 22:15 +0100, David Adler wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 9:37 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > Oops, is there still a source for jack_snapshot, since I can't get
> > connected to http://tapas.affenbande.org/?!
> >
> Yep, seems to be offline. I've just mailed the author.
>
> However, it should be kept hosted somewhere for the
> future - a very useful little app that, since ages, just works.
>
> If anyone needs the source, send me a private mail. I still have
> one or two spare ones to give away.
>

> best,

:)

I guess I've got the source code somewhere in my /usr/src directories
(didn't find it now), but it would be nice if you could send me the
code ... and if possible the hack to use it with later versions of C
++ ... IIRC there was the need to change something in the source code
(perhaps it wasn't C++, but anyway an issue regarding to headers).

Please trat this as a privat mail ;) ... I justlike to inform, that the
original source code needed a patch for current Linux installs.

:)

Ralf

PS: Yes, it's very useful, even if it can be replaced, I wish to be able
to use oldish shell scrips (session handlers ;). IIRC I was able to use
jack_snapshot as bin from different installs without compiling it for a
special install, anyway, I would prefer the source code.

Thank you David :)!