[LAD] [OT] 3ghz coax and soldering...

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Fri Jan 21 10:36:29 UTC 2011

On 01/19/2011 12:58 PM, Robin Gareus wrote:
> On 01/19/2011 12:39 PM, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> [..]
>> it's a music school, their investment
>> cycles are long and they won't be able to afford cutting-edge gear anyways.
>>

> Oh and I was already becoming jealous thinking you're planning your own
> studio and was planning a trip to Essen to admire it..

unfortunately not :) but i do have an 8way multicore into the living
room and adat next door, if you want to admire that, i'll see to coffee
and beer :)

> just curious: Will there be any Linux-boxes inside or would those fall
> in the "cutting-edge gear" category? :)

probably not immediately. i'll try and convince them later, but i guess
it's going to be logic for now. but you never know, ardour has been
known to magically appear on machines i've worked with... from
ardour/macos, it's a small step into the light :)

cheers,

jörn