[LAD] OpenOctaveMidi2 (OOM2) beta release

alex stone compose59 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 15:41:51 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 6:14 PM, Brett McCoy <idragosani at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 9:39 AM, alex stone <compose59 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> We hope you enjoy using OOM2, and should you have anything you'd like
>> to report, please send an email to:
>>
>> development at openoctave.org
>>

>> We can also be found on irc at #openoctave  (freenode)
>>

>> Visit www.openoctave.org to find out more!
>
> Oh cool, I will give this a spin. I had been using OOM for a while but
> it was not very stable and crashed a lot, so I stayed with Rosegarden,
> (latest version of RG is pretty good now, been using for the past 12
> months for Berklee classes). The new OOM2 interface looks pretty
> spiffy, too! Is it a fork of an existing app or did you guys build it
> from scratch?
>
> --
> Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.electricminstrel.com
> "In the rhythm of music a secret is hidden; If I were to divulge it,
> it would overturn the world."
>     -- Jelaleddin Rumi

Brett, OOM2 is based on an existing codebase, but we've put a
blowtorch to much of it already.

You can find out more at the website, and i'm currently trying to
build a quick start manual for users.

Be aware that we're flying at the moment, so if you hit an awkward
spot in git pulls, have another go.

Onwards and Upwards,

Alex.