[LAD] OpenOctaveMidi2 (OOM2) beta release

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Jan 27 16:32:24 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 11:14 AM, Christopher Cherrett
<ccherrett at openoctave.org> wrote:
> It is no secret that it was muse2. They suggested we fork. We wanted to stay
> with them.

Neither Muse nor Muse2 are mentioned anywhere on your website. I asked
only that you acknowledge the project that you forked, nothing more.
There was no anger, just a request that when forks are done, they are
acknowledged, out of respect for the work that was put into the
ancestor. This is a common practice (see LibreOffice for a recent
example) and I'm confused why my request would cause remarks like "you
need to settle down there" and "get  a grip".