[LAD] Feature requests: add JackSession support

Emanuel Rumpf xbran at web.de
Sun Jul 3 07:44:52 UTC 2011

2011/7/2 m.wolkstein at gmx.de <m.wolkstein at gmx.de>:

> but i didn't agree to save the application data into the jack-session folder!

You really should make that a user option !

One of the main points of a session is, to keep data *together*.
So everything belonging to one session goes to one single folder.
If you need a backup, make the application save to a different folder
*additionally*,
but don't skip saving and restoring from the session folder.

> ... also people like me, which plays often improvised music-sessions, will
> create tons of sessions folders with duplicated data.

Turn off the 'versioned' option in qjackctl.
Delete old sessions regularly.

--
E.R.