[LAD] Feature requests: add JackSession support

m.wolkstein at gmx.de m.wolkstein at gmx.de
Mon Jul 4 22:14:57 UTC 2011

Am Sun, 3 Jul 2011 14:10:49 +0200
schrieb "m.wolkstein at gmx.de" <m.wolkstein at gmx.de>:

> Am Sun, 03 Jul 2011 11:10:08 +0200
> schrieb rosea grammostola <rosea.grammostola at gmail.com>:

> > > You really should make that a user option !
> >
> > Yep, I do agree with this. It starts to get complex again if all apps
> > will have there own ways of saving. No problem if there is a additional
> > way provided.
>
> Yes sounds good, if i had time i will include a corresponding config option.
> g wolke

Done, checkout hydrogen trunk >=rev2248.
To save data into jack-session directory enable the checkbox
"tools->preferences->general-tab->save song file in jack session directory".

two things left.
1. i do all my tests against jack0.120.1. not against jack1.9.7.
2. h2 communicate via event-queue from core to gui. so it is not really possible
   to wait, while a jsm callback call, for an Hydrogen QFileDialog.
   this happens only if hydrogen is running with an empty/new file.
   than hydrogen need to open a QFileDilog to get some informations(songname) from user.
   whatever in this case after closing the QFileDialog h2 will open an QMessageBox
   which inform the user to repeat the save procedure par jack session manager.
   not the so beautifully but currently i have no good idea how i can solve this without
   dirty hacks.

g wolke