[LAD] [ANN] jack-file 1.0

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Tue Jul 5 19:59:25 UTC 2011

On Jul 5, 2011, at 9:50 PM, Dan Muresan wrote:

>> jacktransportloop is a very nifty tool; but it's not very accurate:
>> Calling jack_transport_locate() will make jackd go back to the "Starting" state:
>> http://jackaudio.org/files/docs/html/transport-design.html
>> One alternative would be to just wrap the timecode internally in file2jack
>> (fold back, modulo) and keep going.. what do you think?
>
> Before I answer anything else, have you noticed the comments to that
> order in README.txt (and in the announcement)?

only in part.. it's a bit sparse on that matter and I must have overlooked
the warning in there.

> file2jack does exactly
> this (it computes what to send at every time point, and it can behave
> like a periodic function).

great. That was not obvious to me at first; but I understood it just
after sending the previous email from `file2jack --help`  "LOOP" option.

> It does not move the transport at all.
>
> -- Dan

Thanks for shedding some more light on this matter.
keep up the good work.

ciao,
robin