[LAD] Hello World in LV2

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Wed Jul 6 00:03:28 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-07-05 at 15:44 -0500, Gabriel M. Beddingfield wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 05, 2011 03:34:15 pm Olivier Guilyardi
> wrote:
> > Okay, then, if it is still compliant, it would be nice to
> > have it in there: http://lv2plug.in/trac/browser/trunk
>
> I sent an e-mail to the LV2 ML to see if anyone can find the
> old tutorial text.

Sorry, the hosting migration has been a bit rougher than expected.  I
have a dump of the entire Wiki, which will be restored soon.

That said, I agree with the original premise that well-documented
*examples* are what is most needed, by a long shot.  "Tutorials" and
other prosey things that aren't working examples and few people are
likely to bother with, not so much.

> > Also, I don't see the URL of the SVN repo mentioned
> > anywhere on the website. There's just a download link
> > with tarballs.

Please sign up and modify the site as you see fit, the entire thing
(except of course generated docs and such) is a Wiki.

> Because SVN is deprecated for everyone except the likes of
> drobilla.  Use the tarballs.

? I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean, but the entire point of
the SVN repository is to make it easy for others to contribute (and I am
not the only one with commit access, and many people track it).  Patches
against the repository are most welcome, and the best way to contribute
code that will be maintained at lv2plug.in.  All tarballs and
documentation and such are generated from it.  Appropriate contributions
(e.g. example plugins, extensions, documentation, tools) will be gladly
added.  Eventually I think it might be nice to do a big "LV2 Universe"
tarball release of everything in there, or something, but I am not sure
of the form this should take yet.  Regardless, the repository is
definitely where things should go.

-dr