[LAD] Hello World in LV2

Olivier Guilyardi list at samalyse.com
Wed Jul 6 11:40:48 UTC 2011

On 07/06/2011 02:03 AM, David Robillard wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-07-05 at 15:44 -0500, Gabriel M. Beddingfield wrote:
>> On Tuesday, July 05, 2011 03:34:15 pm Olivier Guilyardi
>> wrote:
>>> Okay, then, if it is still compliant, it would be nice to
>>> have it in there: http://lv2plug.in/trac/browser/trunk
>> I sent an e-mail to the LV2 ML to see if anyone can find the
>> old tutorial text.
>
> Sorry, the hosting migration has been a bit rougher than expected.  I
> have a dump of the entire Wiki, which will be restored soon.
>
> That said, I agree with the original premise that well-documented
> *examples* are what is most needed, by a long shot.  "Tutorials" and
> other prosey things that aren't working examples and few people are
> likely to bother with, not so much.

I agree.

For now, maybe that you could just review and commit the amplifier example
mentioned by Gabriel. I think that a trunk/examples/ folder would be nice.

That said, what about a Hello World host example? I know there are various ways
to parse Turtle, and a host example may be a bit Lilv-specific. But having
minimal host+plugin examples on the official LV2 website would be useful. Or at
least a link to a simple Lilv host example.

>>> Also, I don't see the URL of the SVN repo mentioned
>>> anywhere on the website. There's just a download link
>>> with tarballs.
>
> Please sign up and modify the site as you see fit, the entire thing
> (except of course generated docs and such) is a Wiki.

I actually don't know the SVN URL, and I think that a page listing all download
options is better written by official maintainers.

--
  Olivier