[LAD] Yoshimi Midi Learn: 1st testing release

Alessandro Preziosi (licnep) lsnpreziosi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 12:26:13 UTC 2011

Hi Renato,
it's me, licnep, i just recently joined this mailing list after the
post about the midi learn branch of yoshimi.
Thanks for the feedback.
My midi learn branch is built on top of the new 0.62 branch (that will
be the next official yoshimi release) so some of the changes you see
are not made by me. For example about the UI i only changed the way
knobs look and, of course, added the midi controllers window. In
particular i agree that I don't like the fact that you have to right
click to edit an instrument, i find it counter intuitive, even after a
lot of time of using it i still get it wrong, so i hope it will be
reverted back to normal before the next release.
As for the annoying scale bug, i think it was corrected in the
previous 0.60 branch, maybe the correction has just not yet been added
to the 0.62, but it will, i think.

I haven't yet personally asked for a merge, the code is not really
ready yet, and the main devs don't have much time to review it now.
Anyway i hope the midi learn feature will join in the main branch
sooner or later, it was not my original intent to create yet another
fork.

If you encounter any bug or have a request, a suggestion or a
question, I'm always listening, although these days i don't have much
time,

bye,
licnep