[LAD] Feature requests: add JackSession support

Emanuel Rumpf xbran at web.de
Sun Jul 10 16:33:01 UTC 2011

2011/7/10 rosea grammostola <rosea.grammostola at gmail.com>:
> On 07/03/2011 12:27 AM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>>

>> As to Jack Session support, I won't even consider it as long
>> as it doesn't support quit-without-save.
>> The rationale for not supporting this is IMNSHO completely bogus.

After playing around with it, I'm with you here. It should have
quit-without-save and a few more improvements.

>> I've got some other gripes with
>> Jack Session as well, but these have been discussed (or at least
>> presented) before.

Looks like I missed that discussion.
I think Torben Hohn did very well, introducing jack-session,
it's the way to go, but I think too, it's not mature.

I've prepared a proposal that tries to improve some parts of jack-session,
without making it much more complicated.
Everyone is welcome, to add his ideas and opinion.

http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/user/emrum/jack_session_2_draft

> Better to have JackSession without a
> quit-without-save option, then no JackSession at all.

Agreed.

--
E.R.