[LAD] a small jack-session extension, proposal - was: Feature requests: add JackSession support

Emanuel Rumpf xbran at web.de
Mon Jul 11 15:38:32 UTC 2011

2011/7/11 Renato <rennabh at gmail.com>:
> On Sun, 10 Jul 2011 19:43:53 +0200 rosea grammostola wrote:
>> On 07/10/2011 06:33 PM, Emanuel Rumpf wrote:
>>>
>>> http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/user/emrum/jack_session_2_draft
>>>
>> Good job. I added some comments.
Thank you.

> just wanted to notify that one of the "additional ideas" is asking
> support for multiple sessions, while one of Emanuel's
> "conclusions" (first bulleted list, third item) says that this is now
> possible but should actually not be, as it could be an error-source.

I am for/pro multi-session, IF it is completely reliable, works without
hassle (including user-handling) and doesn't complicate
implementation too much. That might be possible. Eventually.

The current behavior, to me, feels strange and unexpected, though:
Opening a running session (twice) opens another set of windows.
What's that ? Do I have a "doubled" session now ?
It is very opaque, unclear, which window belongs to which session.
Is that how it should be, is that what we'd want ?

I'm adding a new section to the wiki page, "(Multi-) Session Handling".

--
E.R.