[LAD] a *simple* ring buffer, comments pls?

Tim E. Real termtech at rogers.com
Mon Jul 11 21:15:26 UTC 2011

On July 11, 2011 04:50:06 pm Chris Cannam wrote:
> I know taking locks in a RT process is deeply frowned upon

Likely been answered before, but good time for me to ask:
What is the reason it is not recommended?
Is it simply because of a long time involved in acquiring the lock, or is it
 because the lock might block some other Jack thread from running?

The same reason why other things like 'malloc' or 'new' are not
 recommended either?

Thanks. Tim.