[LAD] HDSP mixer with OSC support

Christoph Kuhr christoph.kuhr at web.de
Fri Jul 15 08:31:07 UTC 2011

Hi,

Osc because i want to use some puredata patches with it, which would also be possible with sockets, but i like the structure and functionality of osc and i think its more flexible... if i control ardour/jack via osc i would like to have the same for alsa...
I wanted to make a menu item: osc client mode
The recording machine run hdsp mixer with osc server daemon and the remote machine runs hdsp mixer, but with osc not alsa...

But rewriting the whole thing doesnt fit for me now... this is a little side need...
At the moment im mainly writing on an avb module...

Bye
Ck

Adrian Knoth <adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de> schrieb:

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 08:29:23AM +0200, Christoph Kuhr wrote:

> Hi everyone,

Hi!

> I want to give hdsp mixer OSC support for fader-, pan, mute and
> presetcontrol in both directions and input metering.

> the OSC client shall be another hdsp mixer instance on the remote machine.

Eh? And why do you need OSC for this? You can use plain socket()
communication if you're using two HDSP mixer instances anyway. This
said, you can resort to X-Forwarding, VNC or the lot and forget about
even hacking on it.

> I wanted to know, where i can find the sources?

hdspmixer is part of alsa-tools:

git://git.alsa-project.org/alsa-tools.git

> And if someone has some hints to do that...

Rewrite hdspmixer, first. It's a horrible mess at the moment, but I'm
sure you'll see in a second. ;) We could use some clean abstraction of
cards, a matrix mixer and especially a rewrite from scratch in GTK/Qt.

Good luck. ;)

--
mail: adi at thur.de 	http://adi.thur.de	PGP/GPG: key via keyserver