[LAD] HDSP mixer with OSC support

Reuben Martin reuben.m at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 02:02:02 UTC 2011

On Friday, July 15, 2011 10:05:24 AM Adrian Knoth wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 08:29:23AM +0200, Christoph Kuhr wrote:
> > And if someone has some hints to do that...
>
> Rewrite hdspmixer, first. It's a horrible mess at the moment, but I'm
> sure you'll see in a second. ;) We could use some clean abstraction of
> cards, a matrix mixer and especially a rewrite from scratch in GTK/Qt.

This is something I've never understood: Why is there no generic interface in the ALSA API for a matrix mixer? For every pro-audio card that comes out the wheel has to be completely re-
invented just to control the thing. Are the devices with matrix mixers that different that it prevents them from being wrapped by a common API that any ALSA compliant mixer can
hook into?

-Reuben