[LAD] Fwd: Fwd: lv2 extension bugs

Olivier Guilyardi list at samalyse.com
Fri Jul 29 15:44:41 UTC 2011

Hello Gabriel,

On 07/29/2011 04:32 PM, Gabriel Beddingfield wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 6:56 AM, Olivier Guilyardi <list at samalyse.com> wrote:
>> possible routes to host LV2 plugins. This is consistent in /principle/, but do
>> you not something feel like such "modularity" can be confusing, when compared to
>> existing major plugin technologies which provide everything as an SDK? Do you
>> not feel like a complete LV2 SDK would be more developer friendly, in /practice/?
>
> Sure, this would be a Good Thing.  It just needs someone to
> propose/implement it.  Olivier?  :-)

1. I don't have time to work on this. 2. That's a task for the core LV2 devs IMO
and I'm not part of the LV2 team. 3. If I became part of the team, I wouldn't
see things from the outside anymore, which is useful to give practical ideas.

I have spent some time trying to get a global figure of plugins in general, and
this SDK question comes from this point of view. An external point of view.

--
  Olivier